If you are struggling with your mental health then here are 5 things to focus on, which may sound obvious, but if you do them they will help improve your mental health...
1. Drink water - Hydrate yourself by drinking approximately 2L of water a day.
2. Exercise - Try and get out of breath for 20 minutes every day.
3. Talk - It's good to talk. Tell people how you are feeling.
4. Eat well - Rubbish in, rubbish out. Try eating healthy food including vegetables and fruit.
5. Sleep - Get a good night's sleep. It is so important for your mental health.
If you need further help then download the Better app. It has a unique emotional and wellbeing check that helps people gain a deep understanding of their own real emotional needs, find out where their needs are being met, but importantly how to discover the ways in which they can better their resilience, wellbeing, health and happiness. It offers real tools, enabling the user to design and build a better life.
A free version includes a unique emotional needs check that gives a wellbeing score, features to encourage talking and exercising, audio to calm the mind through a simple breathing exercise, and the ability to connect directly with a therapist. The paid version offers additional weekly ‘Life made better’ audios and ‘Better sleep’ audios recorded by leading British mental health experts.